Science in one of the most spectacular beauties of our universe. Without science, where are we? Artists have harmony with nature, its colours and sounds. Scientists have harmony with the world and its needs. Science is beyond countries, cultures, colours, sounds...There is only one vision, one language, one sound and one world for scientists... Look at any thing you use in your day to day life without the contribution of science. It is wonderful to see that there is nothing without science. So be happy to be a scientist. It is one of the greatest contributions you can do to the society and to the world.
What made me to write this paragraph praising and and projecting the value of science is because, I have come across many doctoral students who got fedup or who started thinking ''what for all these research?''. This feeling comes mainly because most of us (can be doctoral students, post-doctoral researchers or professors) do very deep and specialised reasearch and sometimes we forget the start of the whole story. So it is good sometimes to take a breath to realise the value of what we are doing for self motivation.
What made me to write this paragraph praising and and projecting the value of science is because, I have come across many doctoral students who got fedup or who started thinking ''what for all these research?''. This feeling comes mainly because most of us (can be doctoral students, post-doctoral researchers or professors) do very deep and specialised reasearch and sometimes we forget the start of the whole story. So it is good sometimes to take a breath to realise the value of what we are doing for self motivation.
7 comments:
Anuji,
Just imagine if pencillin had not been invented.....
Inventions has got its own advantages & disadvantages
you are right, if we think about nuclear bomb invention. it is not even a disadvantage, it is destructive. :)
"Anyway, I'm sort of glad they've got the atomic bomb invented. If there's ever another war, I'm going to sit right the hell on top of it. I'll volunteer for it, I swear to God I will."--Holden Caulfield in Catcher in the Rye...:-)
why so????
Just without any particular reason...it was just Holden Caulfield's apparently cynical way of looking at things...dont know what exactly his crazy mind is upto...well actually the real scientific progress was not the nuclear bomb...it was the principle and phenomenon behind it...the atom bomb was just an application of it...and to start thinking in the same lines... anything could be used for a destructive purpose if intended...
yes, discovery of Nuclear energy is great! & i am glad for that. :) but its use can be constructive or destructive....
I am against the research (money invested) behind nuclear weapons, starting from the Manhattan Project.
Research is a good thing as long as you are doing something you want.
If you're imposed with topics you don't like in a research curriculum, things might get boring - that might be the reason many people feel like quitting.
Just felt like mentioning, my favourite is Nikola Tesla.
Post a Comment